Wednesday, November 9, 2011

If I Went Abroad, Where Would I go?

While NDSU offers wonderful study abroad programs visiting multiple countries, if I were to go abroad, I feel I'd go for a summer session or a full academic year in Sweden. But why Sweden? Not only is it a place I've always wished to visit, but it's also something different. When Americans go abroad for a full year, most may assume the United Kingdom or Australia. When you say Sweden, you get that satisfaction of seeing the strange look of confusion in their face as they never saw that one coming.

As for the school I would choose, it would have to be Stockholm University. Stockholm is a magnificent city and I wouldn't even have to study Swedish to go there (though I certainly would)! There are fantastic vacation opportunities and once in a lifetime events to go to such as the Nobel Prize Ceremony. And now I realize that after writing this the opportunity seems even exciting.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment